Always getting a NACK_DEV_ERR response packet from the GT-521F32 fingerprint scanner

Hello,

I am working with the GT-521F32 fingerprint sensor module. I managed to get a response packet back from the sensor when we send a command packet from the PIC18F45K22 microcontroller, however the response in the response packet is always 0x100F (which, according to the datasheet, is NACK_DEV_ERR). According to the description of this error, it means that there is a device error, especially if Crypto-chip is trouble. I am not sure what this means; I was wondering if you could explain this error. Does this mean that the sensor module is dysfunctional? However, when we test it using the demo software, the sensor module works just fine – it is able to perform all the functions in the demo software.

I have attached a screenshot of the MPLAB IDE watch window. The test we performed was to send the OPEN command just to see what response packet we get. The cmdArray shows the values stored in the array to be transmitted from the PIC to the fingerprint sensor. The rcvArray shows the values stored in the array that is sent from the fingerprint sensor to the PIC in response to the cmdArray.

Could someone help me figure out what this error means (or let me know what other documents you want me to upload).

Thanks!