AS7331 and full sensitivity ? (nanowat range )

“With its irradiance responsivity factor and conversion time, the AS7331 supports an overall huge dynamic range up to 3.43E+10 (resolution multiplied by gain range). It achieves an accuracy of up to 24-bit signal resolution (internal via I²C and shifter 16-bit), with an irradiance responsivity per count down to 2.38 nW/cm² at 64 ms integration time. Via an integrated divider, the 16-bit I²C output can be adjusted to the significant bits of interest.”

i use the sparkfun library :slight_smile:

But if i change in SfeAS7331.cpp , the code at end of the file (with : _sensorGain = GAIN_1; for example) the gain is low (with gain = 2048 too) , i test different value but the more efficient is with gain=1 .

I test with uv diode with minimum power/visibilty , my eye see the uv light, but the as7331 no (test in one shoot mode ) , (6 cm between the UV diode and the sensor )

I search the nanowatt range , but what modification to make

Edit OK , i change de delay in the ino code to 50 ,the serial monitor is more efficient , :smiley: , i see the change ,with 1048 and 2048, i see a little UVA:0.01 from time to time :slight_smile:

for the idea i see,with difficulty, but i see, the 395nm uv diode at 3 meters

The UV diode should be properly aligned with the AS7331 sensor. Even slight misalignments can drastically affect the sensor’s ability to detect light, especially at low intensities.

Yes indeed, that must have played a role at some moment