Breadboarding w/ COM-11118 x TOL-15204

Hi SparkFun folks –

Years of experience building lighting systems in the abstract, a brief time modeling them in Blender, now completely new to physically assembling and wiring them. First time ever using a breadboard.

Trying to get this little LED to work, using AA, 9V, and 5V USB batteries as temp power sources.

It’s a candidate for the primary light source in a bird-shaped origami pendant light.

I can’t figure out how to power it on/what the flaw is in my setup.

The middle setup where the LED is currently sitting is for the 5VDCout battery pack TOL-15204. I cut the end off a cable, stripped the wires, attached solid core copper leads with WAGOs, and popped them into the breadboard with some jumper wire and resistors.

Have tested each of the batteries’ output voltages to make sure they’re providing enough power, done my math to calculate the resistors properly, and whatever I’m missing still eludes me.

It’s probably something very obvious and dumb. Please help? Let me know if I need to upload better pictures, or provide other info.

Thank you kindly, take care and be well.

Best,

~H.-

Your parts are connected to the breadboard incorrectly. See the diagram below for info on how the breadboard is wired internally.

https://components101.com/sites/default … Pinout.png