Can't download "Blink" to Azurewave Thing Plus

I tried to download the Blink example to my Azurewave Thing Plus today. Auto download wouldn’t work, so I tried the manual upload instructions in the Troubleshooting section of the AzureWave Thing Plus (AW-CU488) Hookup Guide (press and hold Boot and press and release Reset). I get the following error:

Please enter the upload mode manually(wait 5s)

Uploading…error: Download fail

error: Flashloader download fail

Upload Image done.

I am using Arduino IDE 2.1.1. The compile seems to work fine, but the download fails. The verbose output of my compile/upload attempt is attached

Any ideas?

Lonnie

AzureWave Error.txt (45.6 KB)

Double-check the drivers https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/az … are-hookup

Also try resetting the IDE and also ensure the correct COM port is selected…it should be the one that appears after plugging the board in.

Then if none of that helps (and re-try the manual loader using the buttons) it might be DoA - contact the vendor if so (www.sparkfun.com/returns if bought directly from us)

Russell,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delayed response. I double checked (re-installed) the drivers, restarted the IDE several times (com port remained COM15) and retried the button pushing several times. Still no joy: same error.

I’ll contact Sparkfun returns - sadly, this is my second DOA AZUREWAVE Thing Plus!

Lonnie

Russell,

I’d like to reopen this thread as I am still not able to upload BLINK to my board - not either of them. I do not believe it is a hardware issue, and I have uncovered several errors that occur ion the Arduino IDE. I have 2 versions of the IDE (2.2.1 and 1.8.13) - and different errors occur on each of them. I am unable to determine how to move forward with these errors, and Arduino will not help because the board I am using is not an Arduino product.

I sent an email to your personnel address on Sept 29 with a long explanation and several attachments. I could not use this forum, because it would not accept the attachments and it wouldn’t accept the textual note either. Since you didn’t reply, I wanted to follow up with this note in the forum.

Please let me know how to move forward,

Lonnie