Compile error: #include "<module_name>.h" under RadioLib

For compilation Using RadioLib, I have managed to resolve many errors in header file calls, by fixing the path.

But this line eludes me. It is using a syntax, with which I am not familiar.

#include “<module_name>.h”

I have tried relative paths of various kinds. I suspect this <module_name> is a string variable, which was not properly set.

Anyone know what is going on, and how to fix it?

My apologies if the answer should be obvious.

Kind regards and gratitude.

• MABanak

I’d suggest following up with the 2 folks assisting ya in the arduino thread https://forum.arduino.cc/t/compile-erro … ib/1137782

looking at the code, these files are just template files. Example files that are used to start defining the real module files. The header file is not included anywhere in the code and thus many compilers neglect them, whereas others compile each and every folder.

I would expect you can safely remove this folder and actually, I think you can remove/move away the complete ‘extras’ folder.

Thanks, TS-Russell & paulvha,

The problem has been resolved (whew!).

With

Hardware and code from SparkFun,

The IDE from Arduino

and

The Library from RadioLib,

it seemed good to seek insight from others too.

My issues came down to managing a project under Arduino.

Renaming a project (sketch) requires the main .ino file to have the same name as the folder. Moving it around triggers a massive tar file download and the opening (and inclusion) of all files in RadioLib.

I saw something similar in an IDE from ATMEL, and though the overhead looked strange, I figured it would take care of itself.

In attempting to accurately describe all my steps for correspondents like you, I replicated my experience, this time staying in one folder with one project name. well, there is no trouble now. With prior downloading of the RadioLib file, it looks like I’m OK now. Everything works.

Only 1 file is open in the IDE now, the .ino, and the compiler only pulls-in what it needs.

A TypeDef.h file needed slight editing, as it has been modified from a prior version, which was in-view at the time of the main source code.

Regarding this file which troubled me …

<module_name>.h

You will see right-hand arrow bracket is located to the left of the filetype extension.

This is not a call to a library file.

It appears this way in other places of the code, so it is not a typo either.

It was a module name assertion, made somewhere in the labyrinth of supporting files, but no longer an issue.

sincerest thanks,

Michael B

People often use angle brackets to indicate something that must be filled in, in this case <module_name> would be replaced by the name of the .h file. It’s unfortunate in this case that angle brackets have special meaning in include statements and thus is confusing

So if the module name is foo, replace #include “<module_name>.h” with #include “foo.h”

/mike