Hi Sparkfun,
Hope you are doing ok. I get information from Susan that I can create a support ticket this way. I’m interested in Nordic Sensor. What components from below are available in your store?
1\. MCU (Main Device)
2\. IMU BNO085 or BNO086
3\. GPS Module
4\. Power supply
LiPo battery (500–1000 mAh) and charger for battery
5\. Communication Bluetooth LE - this is already in Nordic?
6\. Housing or Wearable electronics enclosure
Can you send a full size of Sensor with all components from above?
Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Aleksandar
Well have a large variety of 1-5 and a few of 6, and even sell some PNT devices that have all 6
What are you trying to accomplish?
Hi Sparkfun,
"Well have a large variety of 1-5 and a few of 6, and even sell some PNT devices that have all 6
What are you trying to accomplish?"
I would like to make a product with all of these components that can work together. Can you send me a proposal for a Normal and High quality package?
What is the Size with all 6 components in one package?
Thank you,
Kind regards,
Aleksadnar Alempic
Hello,
Do you have any update?
Thank you,
Kind regards,
Aleksandar Alempic
The best all-in-one option that we have in-stock is probably the Facet or the Surveyor Express
If you’re trying to make a DIY device it will largely depend on what specs you need/want for the IMU and GPS, if we can get more specific about those I can build a list for ya
Hi TS Russel,
I’m trying to make a DIY Device with Nordic as the main sensor. The Nordic has to work with components below:
MCU (Main Device) → (Nordic nRF52840 / nRF5340 - or other Nordic sensor)
IMU (BNO085 / BNO086)
GPS Module (Peak Speed)
Power Supply (LiPo Battery + Charger IC)
Bluetooth LE Communication
Housing / Wearable Enclosure
Barometer (BMP581 / BMP390)
Force Sensor (Force Insole / Load Cell / FSR)
Heart Rate Sensor (ECG Module + Textile Electrodes) → measure of Hart rate (Heart Rate/BPM) and sending the data to Nordic MCU-u
Do you need more specific information?
What components do you have in the stock?
Kind regards,
Aleksadnar Alempic
MCU (Main Device) → (Nordic nRF52840 / nRF5340 - or other Nordic sensor)
IMU (BNO085 / BNO086)
SparkFun VR IMU Breakout - BNO086 (Qwiic) - SparkFun Electronics is out of stock, but you can substitute SparkFun 9DoF IMU Breakout - ICM-20948 (Qwiic) - SparkFun Electronics or SparkFun Micro 6DoF IMU - ISM330DHCX (Qwiic) - SparkFun Electronics
GPS Module (Peak Speed)
We have quite a lot of GPS/GNSS modules, what kind of accuracy do you need? For basic stuff you can use GPS Module - GP1818MK (56 Channel) - SparkFun Electronics - we also carry RTK devices and the like
Power Supply (LiPo Battery + Charger IC)
The MCU has a charging circuit, you’d just need to add a Lithium Ion battery to make it simple
Bluetooth LE Communication
Covered by MCU (nrf52840)
Housing / Wearable Enclosure
You’ll likely need to make something to 3D print or combine others’ shared STLs or similar to cobble a working version for your use-case
Barometer (BMP581 / BMP390)
Force Sensor (Force Insole / Load Cell / FSR)
Here’s a scale, you’ll need to pick a rating and load cell type to use with it
Heart Rate Sensor (ECG Module + Textile Electrodes) → measure of Hart rate (Heart Rate/BPM) and sending the data to Nordic MCU-u
Either SparkFun Single Lead Heart Rate Monitor - AD8232 - SparkFun Electronics or SparkFun Pulse Oximeter and Heart Rate Sensor - MAX30101 & MAX32664 (Qwiic) - SparkFun Electronics could work
You’ll probably want some qwiic cables to make wiring easy. Only the IMU you mentioned is out of stock, everything else is ready-to-go!
The basic GPS module I linked should suffice then 
Everything should work/interface fine. I have no idea how big the package would be…we sell sensors and boards for folks to prototype with that those people may then turn into an all-in-one design after making proof-of-concept, etc…where and how those sensors are arranged is up the the user/designer.
Hi Sparkfun,
For the GPS Module and Barometar, I need a precision in cm. Please check if your components can give this precision.
The Maximum size of a package is 61 X 45 X 14 mm. This is important since the package is used on hand(s) - with greater size, it is not comfortable.
We are planning to use a Product on people outside. Does the Product have the protection for Water and Sand?
At the moment we are in the Test phase - do you offer a Test Demo product for this phase?
If testing is ok, we would like to buy a large amount of products.
Thank you,
Kind regards,
Aleksadnar Alempic
The product dimensions for each are listed on their respective product pages’ specs; again we do not assemble integrated projects, nor provide elaborate programming for such…we sell the individual parts that are used to prototype by a user (you in this case) who then combines multiple libraries to tie everything together. Whether your product has water protection is entirely up to how you design it
Hi Sparkfun,
Sorry I don’t understand the part with design and protection.
If I want to buy product from you, I can specify that the Sensor and components have protection from Water and Sand?
Can I order that protection from you or how it works?
We are in the test phase, if the prototype can give a ok results - I want to order large number of products.
Do you offer a Test Demo Prototype that we can use for test phase?
Than you,
Kind regards,
Aleksandar
сре, 19. авг 2026. 05:58 TS-Russell <notifications@sparkfun.discoursemail.com> је написао/ла:
The Battery for Nordic with all components has to last a minimum 4-5 days.
Can you check this constraint also?
Thanks in advance,
Kind regards,
Aleksandar Alempic
So…the short answer is still ‘no’. We do not sell integrated designs (except for our PNT products!)
I think you might be after a company that provides embedded hardware consulting/engineering…we simply sell versions of sensors/boards that make it faster/easier to access & test the part(s) in question
Housing design and battery life are entirely decided by the users’ needs…battery life with all sensors active at 30 Hz will draw way more power than 5 Hz…the number of active sensors will also change this, the transmission rate and packet size of the BLE signals will also change this. The vendor (sparkfun) can’t really predict much about how the items are implemented on the back-end :-/
Hi SparkFun,
Ok. If I want to order a Nordic from you. What the minimum PCB size you offer?
The PCB size needs to be smaller since the Product is used on People in Sport. With PCB dimensions 61 X 45 X 14 mm, I can place and install the components.
I’m planning to order a large number of Products if the Test is ok.
I asked you a few times question for the Demo Prototype. Do you offer a Test Demo Product for this phase? Can you send me a contact from the Sales Person?
Thank you,
Kind regards,
Aleksadnar Alempic
I’m not sure you understand how this all works.
Sparkfun sells circuit boards with parts on them, you have to assemble them into your own project. Everything they carry is already listed on www.sparkfun.com, if you don’t find it there already, they don’t have it. They are not able to build you a finished device made to your specifications, that isn’t a service they offer. There are companies that do that sort of work, but you will pay a lot of money for it.
Just letting you know before you invest a ton of time, what you’re needing isn’t something Sparkfun does and they can’t do it for you either. You’re going to need an engineering firm something like the one in the link below to assist you with building your project. There are others, this is just the first one I found with a Google search.