Factory Reset

Hi,

I performed a factory reset on my Bluetooth RN-42 mat silver module, but now I am not able to find my Bluetooth module using my PC. How can I ensure that my Bluetooth module is discoverable?

Hi Todd.

Does anything show up as a Bluetooth device on your computer after performing the reset?

Are you able to connect and configure the module through the serial interface?

Hi Chris,

No, I haven’t been able to find the Bluetooth module from my computer after performing the reset. I used my microcontroller to perform the reset, and used the algorithm specified by reference guide in performing the reset.

Todd

Hi Chris,

I also, at first, tried to make the Bluetooth module a master so I could potentially automatically connect to the Bluetooth module. This didn’t work out as planned, so I decided to remove device from the PC, perform a factory reset, and then to reconnect to the Bluetooth module. Now, I can’t find my Bluetooth module so it makes me think that I didn’t perform a factory reset and the module is still acting like a master. What should my next steps be?

Thanks,

Todd

OK Todd.

Not sure what the issue could be. Can I get your order or invoice number?

Hi Chris,

The Bluetooth module is now working. I performed a factory reset, unpaired the device, and repaired the device to put the Bluetooth module back into slave mode.

Todd

Good to hear Todd.

Have a great weekend!