Multiple BNO0080 using multiplexer

Hi,

I’m trying to get multiple BNO080 sensors working using a multiplexer. But no matter what I do I cannot seem to get them initialized successfully. Either the board hangs, I get I2C timeout error etc.

I want to use 5 BNO080 sensors, but currently only using 2 for testing. They are connected to a multiplexer using QWIIC connections and then to a Feather M4 board.

Could someone please help we with a sample code for using multiple BNO080 sensor connected to a multiplexer.

Wow, I actually need to do the exact same thing. Connect 5 BNO080 to some board (like a redboard) to get it serial comm’d to my PC. I’d love to see someone advise on this. To be clear: you can’t daisy chain 5 BNO080 together, right? You have to use a qwicc mux?

Hi @joakimolsson,

As far as I’ve been able to determine, the BNO080 is not compatible with SAMD-based microcontrollers. See:

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=55233

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=55191

https://github.com/sparkfun/SparkFun_BN … /issues/78

Coozie, the BNO080 can only switch between two I2C addresses and will require a multiplexer for more than that. From the Hookup Guide:

I2C Jumper

You can also change the address of the BNO080 from 0x4B (default) to 0x4A by connecting the I2C ADR jumper. The jumper itself is shown in the below image.

Cheers,

Adam

I was able to use two BNO080 boards simulaneously and an Arduino nano 33 ble. You have to make sure to set the jumpers for selecting the second I2C address on one of the BNOs.

With the Arduino nano 33 ble which has two separate I2C ports, you could have 4 sensors simultaneously of you have two on Wire and two on Wire1 with different I2C addresses each.