Myoware Muscle Sensor SEN-13723 connecting to wifi Suggestions?

Hello ,

I received the SEN-13723 muscle sensor and am very pleased with its performance. I am looking to add the power shield and was also wondering what would be the best way of going about connecting the sensor to wifi to enable the device to be a standalone wearable type of device? I know there are many options available but I amlooking for a wifi enabled controller that would be as small as possible, easy to power and connect.

Another question I had was the option of adding a small microSD to the Myoware sensor to record data as a wearable EMG sensor.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Thank You,

Dan

Hi Dan.

Unfortunately we don’t have a add on board for the Myoware that’s designed to add WiFi capability. What you’d need to do is connect the Myoware’s analog output to a microcontroller that can convert an analog signal to a number. Once you have a number, that can then be transmitted via WiFi.

Something like an [Thing Dev might be a good solution since that’s a microcontroller that also has a WiFi radio built in. You would need to write some software for the Thing Dev that converts an analog input to a digital number and then transmits it for this to work. If you wanted to log to a micro SD card, connecting a [OpenLog to the Thing Dev would allow you to write the same data you’re transmitting to a file on a card, but you would need to write the software to do that too.](SparkFun OpenLog - DEV-13712 - SparkFun Electronics)](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13711)