Need a Schematic and Board drawing for Eagle for $

Hello and greetings:

I need some help with a very small project. Trying to create a small flashlight and need someone to draw the schematic and board. I can’t imagine it will take more than two hours for someone proficient as there are only 4 components. Anyone up for the task? I should have mentioned: am willing to pay a reasonable price in exchange for the service

MW

I can do this. I have Adobe Illustrator and can export a file into many formats. If your circuit is as simple as you say you could draw it out by hand. Are you looking to screen print the resist and etch boards on a production scale? If so there are open source vector programs that would work for you at no cost. At any rate I could do this, and would not charge a penny.

Hey theropod, thanks! I had to add a battery charging controller so it will end up with 7 components, but yes it is simple. I’m pricing components now and plan to have a prototype made locally. I found an fab shop near by that can produce and assemble. They have their own design rules and I’m not sure if that complicates things or not. https://macrofab.com/help/creating-mana … cts-eagle/. I’ll sketch it up and send to you this week.

MW

Works for me.

theropod:
Works for me.

Illustrator can export Gerber and drill files?

Well, Illustrator can export Autocad files, and those should be useable by just about any any automation software out there.

I’ve never heard of a PCB vendor that takes Autocad format, but anything’s possible. Autocad can probably export to RS274 Gerber, but the drill file will be a problem. You’ll probably have to generate that by hand.

Well, I have generated files for a cnc router used in a cabinet shop by exporting Illustrator files to AutoCAD. If their software uses vector files there should be a bridge. Check out the link.

http://www.artwork.com/acad/pcb_app/pcb.htm

theropod, I think I have got my hand drawn schematic done. Although I may have made an error somewhere as I haven’t done this in nearly 20 years. Let me know if you have any questions. I have the datasheets available but can attach all due to size limitations. Here links to those which would not fit:

USB Recptical: http://portal.fciconnect.com/Comergent/ … 118192.pdf

Capacitor: http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/400/lcc_comm … 837201.pdf

Battery: http://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20She … ML2430.PDF

LED: http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/602/DS208-736705.pdf

A few issues:

• The LEDs are backwards

• You need more than 3V to drive them. At least 3.3V plus whatever you are dropping across the resistor.

• You CAN NOT dump voltage across a lithium battery; for most, you need a proper charging circuit, but the data sheet for this one shows charging it with a current-limiting resistor.

/mike

I’ll give this a more thorough examination tomorrow, or over the weekend. A new Aims 4,000 watt pure sine wave inverter/charger is to be delivered tomorrow for our off grid power system, and will require some time to install and set up.

Looks simple on first glance. The screen printing artwork doesn’t care about LED orientation, nor do the holes matter. Can you provide a width and length constraint on the board so any drawing will be to scale?

n1st: also, I realized the cells are good for 10mA output max. I’ll have to locate a cell capable of better delivery.

theropod, i need to fit this onto a board of approximately 1.5 x 2.5". I’m looking at replacing the battery with a CR123a cell with through hole tabs or SMD tabs, probably the latter. Then of course the charging IC and periphery…

Are you going to have standoff holes? If so where?

Standoff holes would probably be best. I considered a different mounting system but I suppose that will be more efficient. .150 dia with .10 x .10 edge distance around all four corners should work

Ok, I think I have all the info I need to produce a first draft for your review. Our household has experienced a small crisis that has delayed me addressing several matters, but I have not forgotten. Someone dumped 3 puppies on our private road and we couldn’t let them suffer a prolonged death by starvation or predation by the hoard of coyotes that surround us. So, please allow me some extra time to generate your image files. Thanks.

Sorry to hear about the puppy dumping. Way to go on organizing new homes though!

No worries on the delay, looking forward to seeing the draft

mrw81,

I have started your mechanical drawings, but I am having all sorts of issues with the provided details on some of your components. If it wouldn’t be too much trouble please go through them and find the dimensions of the exact parts you want to use. The caps, for example, have a rather cryptic look up table that doesn’t make sense to me. When you have all that figured out you can private message them to me here, or email the list to theropod@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Oh, the local Humane Society took the pups and they are on their way to Colorado to waiting homes.

Thanks theropod. I’ll work on that this weekend, probably on sunday as I will be of of town this afternoon thru Sunday morning.

What are your thoughts on the battery discussion earlier in the thread? I have started to look for a 123a cell and charging ic.2

Glad to hear about the pups. If you happen to come across a Bernese Mountain puppy, I’ll drive out there as my wife has been wanting one

I wouldn’t be able to offer an opinion about the battery as I am as ignorant as a stump about anything other than the lead-acid variety. That knowledge comes from depending on them continuously for 16 years.

I have already started a file with the mounting standoff holes, and a simple set of traces, but until I can make sure I know the dimensions of the components I would be wasting both our time to push further. Having spent about 20 years in the screen printing industry I am confident we can get this right with just a few iterations. It shouldn’t take too long to produce some proof files once we get that data, and I am at your disposal.