nrf52840 - Mesh SDK

Hi.

Quick intro:

I have followed this: nRF52840 Advanced Development With the nRF5 SDK.

And with this tutorial I was able to test a lot of nRF5 SDK examples. And all they I tested worked very good!

However when I tried to do the same for the nrf5 Mesh SDK, it didn’t work. Because they have all the examples have a different structure and the compilation is also different.

Problem:

Following nordic guide I was able to compile all mesh examples successfully, but was not able to flash them using make, ninja or nrfjprog.

After that I noticed that in nRF5 SDK we did this:

0)get hex file using make

1. generate dfu_zip: nrfutil dfu genpkg --sd-req 0xFFFE --dev-type 0x0052 --application nrf52840_xxaa.hex _build/dfu-package.zip

2. Place controller in DFU Mode

3. nrfutil --verbose dfu serial --package _build/dfu-package.zip -p $(SERIAL_PORT) -b 115200 --singlebank --touch 1200

So I tried the same, for the mesh examples, trying with:

light_switch_server_nrf52840_xxAA_s140_7.0.1.hex and light_switch_server_nrf52840_xxAA_s140_7.0.1_merged.hex

Since they were the only hex files I had generated with ninja/make.

I flashed one, tested, flashed another tested. And since the nordic mobile app didn’t detect my device, I concluded that the program was not doing what it was supposed. I tried to debug using the TX pin, but in nrf-mesh-sdk the sdk_config.h doesn’t have any NRF_LOG_BACKEND_UART variable.

It has a NRF_LOG_ENABLED variable but when I change to 1. It doesn’t compile :o

What I would dream with :smiley: :

See a tutorial at least half as good as you have for nRF-SDK for nrf-mesh-sdk.