OpenLog Artemis inconsistent sampling frequency

Hi,

I recently purchased an OpenLog Artemis with IMU specifically for the IMU. I have observed that for any sampling frequency greater than about 10, there is occasional ‘lag’. For example, If sampling at 100 Hz, it will sample properly for about a second, then miss about 0.3s of data. Could anyone give me a hand in what I’m missing to fix this?

For context, I’m very new to electronics of this sort and am simply doing this in order to have an IMU for a project capturing human motion while swimming.

Thanks,
Tolik

Start with the guide here

1. Check SD card: Use a high-quality, fast SD card to minimize write delays (Class 10 or UHS-I at minimum)
  2. Disable unnecessary sensors: If you’re only interested in specific IMU data (e.g., accelerometer), disable other sensors like the magnetometer or temperature sensor to reduce processing overhead.
  3. Adjust power settings: If power saving features are enabled, they might be causing periodic delays. Try disabling them for maximum performance
  4. A rate of 50-60 Hz might be sufficient for most human motion analysis while potentially avoiding the lag issues you’re experiencing at 100 Hz

Thanks, these steps addressed the issue.