Project hardware build help.

I work full time for a scale company and a little networking and automation. So I do only basic settings and programming. I never have to pick out hardware or code the project. We purchsse it and I install it.

I also own a gym and this project is for my gym.

There is a game called the speed of light.

A button lights up and you hit it and then another lights up and you hit it.

I have Trampolines so I’m wanting to do this with a Trampoline and 4 walls. So the player would jump and hit buttons.

As of right now I have the Raspberry pi 4 with 8gb of ram and a 256 SD class 10 card. I see there isn’t much for I/O on the pi. So I was looking at the “Arduino mega 2560 r 3” for my I/O. Each button will needbto light up as well so do I need a relay rack?

I’m looking at having roughly 20 buttons, a camera, and output for some lights and audio. Just trying to figure out what all I need to buy.

Treat me as a noob lol I understand the difference between analog and digital i/o and deal with serial rs232 n 485 at work at well as ip and port numbers .

So if someone could just give me the break down of what hardware I need and how I’m gonna connect/pair the device id appreciate it.

I can give a lot more details but just wanna make sure I get a response first