RP240 Thing Plus SD Card example needed

I would like to be able to log data to the sd card on the thingplus 2040p. I cannot get any of the examples for the sd card to recognize the onboard card reader. Some notes on the sparkfun page said to modify a boards file in the variants folder, but this did not appear to change anything. It looks like the sd card is on spi1, a “dedicated” spi port. Most of the software looks to have the sd card on spi0.

Can you provide me with detailed instructions on how to get the sdcard reader to work on this board? If I have to modify files, which ones?

I am currently using the third party arduino plug in by Phil, which has worked on other boards.

Thanks.

DrC

There might be a difference in nomenclature, note from the hookup guide https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/rp … e-overview

'µSD Slot

Note: To comply with the latest OSHW design practices, on the RP2040 Thing Plus we have replaced the MOSI/MISO nomenclature with SDO/SDI; the terms Master and Slave are now referred to as Controller and Peripheral. The MOSI signal on a controller has been replaced with the title SDO. Please refer to this announcement on the decision to deprecate the MOSI/MISO terminology and transition to the SDO/SDI naming convention.’ - this can cause issues with compatibility, usually corrected by just swapping a few lines to use uniform terms across libraries

After ensuring they match, just send the data over the following GPIO:

The SparkFun RP2040 Thing Plus includes an µSD card slot. This is great for data logging applications or storing files. The µSD card slot is connected to the following dedicated GPIO:

GPIO 09: DATA 3/CS

GPIO 10: DATA 2

GPIO 11: DATA 1

GPIO 12: DATA 0/CIPO (or Peripheral’s SDO)

GPIO 14: CLK/SCK

GPIO 15: CMD/COPI (or Peripheral’s SDI)

And see if that works. I have one I can test over the next couple days and see if I can get mine goin’ too…