RTK Surveyor Base Stops working

I have my RTK Surveyor set up as a base at my house. It is left on permanently. It works great for a few days. I have it casted to RTK2Go.com

After a few days, the stream changes to “Not parsed” and I get errors with my rover.

In order to fix it, I need to restart the base station.

Any idea what is changing on the base station?

Here is the SNIP Status Address …

http://rtk2go.com:2101/SNIP::MOUNTPT?NAME=SLDE

URL: rtk2go.com

port:2101

mountpoint: SLDE

no username or password required

Any ideas? Any thoughts on how to diagnose?

Hellooooooo???

Does powering the unit off and then back on fix things?

Are you getting any data from the GPS when you connect the CONFIG UBLOX port to a computer and open a serial terminal?

Turning off and back on fixes it temporarily. Usually for a day or so. When I connect through serial using my phone or through u center, everything appears normal. Just snip says data stream is not “parsed”

Any ideas?

Is there new firmware or anything to try?

There isn’t any new firmware yet, it could be a software bug somewhere that’s causing a crash. For now the only solution would be to reboot the RTK Surveyor once a day. :frowning:

bbrandau:
Turning off and back on fixes it temporarily. Usually for a day or so. When I connect through serial using my phone or through u center, everything appears normal. Just snip says data stream is not “parsed”

This means that SNIP is not able to determine a single message stream format style and perform various quality checking on it and transformations.

Your data stream is still sent out to all the rover devices (SNIP calls that a bent pipe mode, an old satellite term).

But if you look at the status report link you mentioned for your stream:

http://rtk2go.com:2101/SNIP::MOUNTPT?NAME=SLDE you will see the key lines as follows:

Station details for stream: SLDE

This stream is NOT Parsed, [uBlox, RTCM3]

You are now sending in BOTH uBlox messages andRTCM3.x messages. This is why SNIP moved to an un parsed mode.

Drop the (unneeded) uBlox content and you will be fine.