Serial on Sparkfun Arduino Board into another Host Device

Hello,

I wrote a simple Arduino sketch for my sparkfun red board.

It prints strings to the serial port, and I can see it in the serial monitor just fine (baud 9600).

However when I plug the device into another host device such as a PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) with serial capabilities, the new host device cannot see the data.

The TX on the Arduino will blink as it sends serial, I have the baud of the PLC host set to 9600 too.

What other parameters does my host PLC device need to accept the serial data?

The PLC has default values of: Baud-Rate=9600, Data-Bit=8, Parity-List=None, Stop-Bits=1, Delay-Time=50ms.

Does your PLC use TTl serial or RS232 serial? You may need an adapter to convert RS232 to TTL.

YellowDog:
Does your PLC use TTl serial or RS232 serial? You may need an adapter to convert RS232 to TTL.

It uses a regular USB-A Port, it can also be used for file transfers, etc. Does this answer your question?

Your PLC would need drivers installed on it to be able to communicate with a redboard/arduino device. You will need to contact the PLC manufacturer for those.

YellowDog:
Your PLC would need drivers installed on it to be able to communicate with a redboard/arduino device. You will need to contact the PLC manufacturer for those.

Is this the same for every Arduino board or specifically for sparkfun redboards?

Same for any arduino board.