SparkFun Triple Axis Accelerometer Breakout - H3LIS331DL & SparkFun 9DoF Razor IMU M0

SparkFun Triple Axis Accelerometer Breakout - H3LIS331DL & SparkFun 9DoF Razor IMU M0

I am thinking of combining these 2 boards to get a accelerometer that can do 100g with a small data logger. or do i need something larger like SparkFun Logomatic v2 - Serial SD Datalogger (FAT32)

These two boards would work just fine together to log the data from the H3LIS331DL Breakout with the right code. There will be no issues with conflicting I2C addresses on the bus so you can easily just connect this to the I2C pins broken out on the Razor and then modify the firmware to log the data from the external accelerometer and, if you’d like, you can log data from the onboard MPU-9250 as well.

I would not recommend using just the Logomatic with the accelerometer since the default firmware on the Logomatic only works with analog and serial UART data. To use the Logomatic with the H3LIS331DL Breakout, you would need to use a microcontroller to convert the data from the breakout to serial for it to log with the Logomatic.

A similar option for logging would be to use a microcontroller like an Arduino with this accelerometer breakout and either one of our OpenLog boards. We have the standard [OpenLog that works over serial and the new [Qwiic OpenLog that works over I2C.

If you are interested in learning more about either of these logging boards, I would recommend reading through their respective Hookup Guides. Those will go over the hardware, firmware, and basic hookup as well as some examples to get you started. I hope this information helps you decide on the best logging option for your project. If you have any follow-up questions regarding these boards, please reply to this topic and we would be happy to help as much as we can.](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/15164)](SparkFun OpenLog - DEV-13712 - SparkFun Electronics)