SPX-17115 Serial Memory issue

Hello,

I’m trying to use the SPX-17115 but got an issue.

I’m using a custom SAMD21E board.

In fact, I think that I did the good SPI wiring with WP/2 and HLD/3 on high (power 3.3V).

When I try with the example (https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/e/1/6/4 … xample.ino), got the menu (so SerialFlash.begin is true), but when I want to create a new file, I got all time “There was an error creating this file (does it already exist?)”.

I ran the EarseEverything from the SerialFlash library, and the RawHardwareTest but the last one failed : the chip is unknown.

Thank you for your help

Hi @ Fritouz12 ,

I see the same thing with a SAMD51 board - “There was an error creating this file (does it already exist?)”.

But the same code works perfectly on an Artemis ATP board.

I have tried a different SPI Serial Flash library and that has problems communicating with the flash chip too: https://github.com/sparkfun/SparkFun_SP … no_Library

My best guess is that there is something different about the way SPI is implemented on SAMD and that is preventing communication with the chip?

Best wishes,

Paul

Hi @ Fritouz12 ,

I looked into this a bit more. My problem was that I was trying to use the wrong SPI port. I’m using the MicroMod SAMD51 processor board on the MicroMod ATP carrier board. The default SPI port is actually labelled as port 1 (SCK1, CIPO1, COPI1). I changed my connections and now everything works.

I ran EraseEverything first. That worked OK. Then I ran the SerialFlash_Terminal_Example. That worked OK too.

I ran EraseEverything again. Then I ran RawHardwareTest and got:

Read Chip Identification:

JEDEC ID: 0 0 0

Part Nummber: (unknown chip)

Memory Size: 0 bytes

So I think I see the same as you?

My advice is to check that you have the flash connected to the correct SERCOM. If you have a logic analyzer or oscilloscope, probe on the SCK signal and make sure you see the clock running. Also check that you are using the correct Chip Select pin.

Best wishes,

Paul