STM32 Thing Plus

Hello,

I’m trying to connect my STM32F4 Thing Plus to stm32cubeide as I don’t want to use Arduino C, but real C. The problem I am currently facing is that I am not able to locate where PA13/JTMS and PA14/JTCK are accessible from. According to your schematic (https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/7/7/2/1 … g_Plus.pdf) they don’t go to proper pins but to two test points located around something that is supposed to be “CORTEX_DEBUG”? Where are these test points located at and is there another way to connect my ST-Link V2?

When I’m trying to just use “Debug {PROJECT_NAME}” or “Run {PROJECT_NAME}” in the stm32cubeide, it says “No ST-LINK detected! Please connect ST-LINK and restart debug session”. I also put the board in the correct state by pressing and holding BTO, pressing and releasing RST and then releasing BTO (which causes default LED blinking sketch to stop executing, my device manager also registers the device as “STM32 BOOTLOADER”). I could also use STM32CubeProgrammer in this state (at least it can connect to the board, didn’t try flashing). But that’s not what I want as I will not be able to debug my code this way.

I hope you can help me.

SWD is connected to the 10-pin header position in the middle of the board. Just add a header (it will be 1.27mm pin pitch) and plug in the cable from your ST-Link. Full JTAG won’t work since half of the JTAG pins are taken up by the flash

Thank you for your response. Is SWCLK also located there? It seems I need both for the ST-LINK V2. Also, where did you get this information from? I would like to be able to find out such things myself in the future and I also need to locate which of these pins are the right ones.

The “documents” tab on the product page is where you can find information like this. For your question specifically, check the schematic located in the documents tab.

Ohhh I get it now. The CORTEX_DEBUG I was referring to in my original post is this 10-pin header? I only shows 6 positions, one of which isn’t connected. That’s why I didn’t figure it’s this 10-pin header. Thanks for your help!