Thermo-couple amplifier MCP9600 with Thermocouple Type-K - Stainless Steel

Hello, I am using sparkfun Thermo-couple amplifier MCP9600 Qwiic with Thermocouple Type-K - Stainless Steel in I2C mode. Its working fine, But when I am measuring the probe to measure the outer zone flame in Busen burner it may go upto 1000 + deg C. My question is that the range can exceed more than the of the thermocouple probe i.e., Temperature Range: 0-400°C and MCP9600 break out board range is : Temperature Range of -200°C to 1350°C is safe to use? Please help me out to fix this

the -200 to 1350c range is for the I/O of the terminals; the board itself cannot withstand more than 130-180c or so…and the stainless steel probe can go a bit higher @ 400c

But you’d need a probe capable of 1000c to test 1000c and see it reported back from the terminals on the mcp9600…also note it looks like the fiberglass in the terminals might need to stay pretty cool as well https://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Prototyping/PCC-SMP-K-datasheet.pdf (but that should be pretty easy/decoupled from the probe’s temp)

Hello Russell, Thanks for the response. I will try with Thermocouple Type-K - Glass Braid Insulated (Bare Wire) as mentioned by you.