Arduino Nano Every and SparkFun MAX3010x Pulse and Proximity Sensor Library

I successfully used a MAX30102 sensor with your MAX3010x Pulse and Proximity Sensor Library on both Arduino Uno and Arduino Nano, but it hangs with Arduino Nano Every. Are there available any patches to solve the problem?

IDE 2.1.0 with megaAvr board package compiles your source Example8_SPO2.ino and uploads the code but at run time it hangs at the first function call. The warning after compiling is:

In file included from C:\Users\Vaio\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SparkFun_MAX3010x_Pulse_and_Proximity_Sensor_Library\src\MAX30105.h:20:0,

from C:\Users\Vaio\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SparkFun_MAX3010x_Pulse_and_Proximity_Sensor_Library\src\MAX30105.cpp:12:

C:\Users\Vaio\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\megaavr\1.8.8\libraries\Wire\src/Wire.h: In member function ‘uint8_t MAX30105::readRegister8(uint8_t, uint8_t)’:

C:\Users\Vaio\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\megaavr\1.8.8\libraries\Wire\src/Wire.h:63:12: note: candidate 1: size_t TwoWire::requestFrom(int, int)

size_t requestFrom(int, int);

^~~~~~~~~~~

C:\Users\Vaio\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\megaavr\1.8.8\libraries\Wire\src/Wire.h:61:12: note: candidate 2: virtual size_t TwoWire::requestFrom(uint8_t, size_t)

size_t requestFrom(uint8_t, size_t);

^~~~~~~~~~~

Lo sketch usa 11245 byte (22%) dello spazio disponibile per i programmi. Il massimo è 49152 byte.

Le variabili globali usano 2153 byte (35%) di memoria dinamica, lasciando altri 3991 byte liberi per le variabili locali. Il massimo è 6144 byte.

avrdude: jtagmkII_initialize(): Cannot locate “flash” and “boot” memories in description

Hi

I have recently work on a project with MAX30102 sensor. I used ESP32 with MAX30102 sensor to get the SPO2 value. But when I verify the code in Arduino IDE it was shown error I2C… not declared on the scope. For few modifications like the changes of ESP32 pin number 21 and 22 instead of Arduino 13 and 11 and in I2C section. It was uploaded but the values are not much accurate. It hang around (100-98) only, and Heart Rate much Higher (150-166).

Now I going to change some modifications in the light intensity and frequency. At this time it was showing error on that same I2C line (line number 64)in the void setup.

I was again going to set all the values as default as previous when the code is working but the problem was still same. So will the problem is in the code or in the MAX30102 sensor? Or the problem arise from Arduino IDE?