Artemis nano with Arduino IDE: /dev/ttyUSB0 currently open

Hi,

This problem is now plaguing me with Ubuntu 18.04 and a brand new Artemis Nano. I managed to install the Sparkfun Apollo stuff in the Arduino IDE 1.8.9, once the server came back up this afternoon, but now simply trying to upload a compiled blink sketch i get this:

/dev/ttyUSB0 is currently open. Please close any other terminal programs that may be using /dev/ttyUSB0 and try again.

There are definitely no other USB devices plugged in and the tty becomes available in the ide only when the Artemis is plugged in. I am a member of the dialout group on this computer and the port has rw access as below

$ groups

adm dialout cdrom sudo dip plugdev lpadmin sambashare docker

$ ls -la /dev/ttyUSB0

crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188, 0 Aug 1 21:10 /dev/ttyUSB0

By the way, trying to install the Apollo stuff in the Arduino ide on a windows 10 virtual machine gives a CRC file corruption error, so no joy there either.

Any help on this one?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

That port error appears to be related with a previous release of the AVL bootloader. Try following the steps outlined in [this post to update the bootloader on the board.

The issue installing on Windows should be resolved. Try uninstalling and re-installing the SparkFun boards package on Windows and that should fix the file corruption error. You will need to remove the JSON link for the SparkFun boards and then re-add it. If this does not fix the problem, can you please take a screenshot of the error you are getting so we can try and reproduce it here?](All About the Artemis SVL Bootloader - SparkFun Electronics Forum)