Assistance with components for a project

I hope this is the correct Forum to post my assistance request.

I had reached out to Customer Support here at Sparkfun with my hardware needs for a project. It was suggested that I instead, reach out to the Sparkfun Community for more help.

I need a 8 channel temperature monitoring system that will log and save the data locally. I did find a 6 channel kit available on Sparkfun but it falls 2 channels short. I also need the ability to monitor dc voltage as well as logging and storing that locally. As this system will be running remotely, it will be on solar/battery power. The temperatures will be as high as 320c.

Would anyone be so kind as to point me in a good direction on what components from Sparkfun would work out for my needs?

Also, as an added bonus, the ability to connect the logger output to a cellular modem would be great!

I appreciate your time.

-TJ Walker

For those specs you’re likely going to need to look at industrial-grade boards…but for SF stuff you could get 2x of Elektor 6-Channel Temperature Monitor & Logger – Partly Assembled Module - WIG-18013 - SparkFun Electronics and a logger Search Results for datalogger - SparkFun Electronics

But those won’t be good for 320c :frowning:

1 Like

+320C is some serious stuff.
Hopefully you are not looking at needing the whole measurement system tolerant to +320C; otherwise you are looking at pretty expensive equipment.
If only the sensing element needs to measure up to +320C then I know of two options: Thermocouples or IR-based measurements. Both Sparkfun and Adafruit carry Type-K thermocouples and the amplifiers needed with them.

1 Like

For measuring as high as 320 degree Celsius, use a thermocouple.
https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/max31855k-thermocouple-breakout-hookup-guide/all

1 Like

Do you want a project or do you want a solution?

I ask because here’s a product that would appear to get you most of the way for $1k. I only found it a moment ago so please don’t take it as a particular recommendation but rather as a benchmark.

Ahhh! Brow, thank you. This will suit what I was seeking. I was not looking for another project if I could help it. Not that I mind but I have enough on my plate with my present project.

I appreciate your time in helping me solve my need.

Be well.

-TJ

1 Like