Automatic top off

First, new to this site and I’m no electrician or engineer or what have you so I may not understand what you may think is simple. Forgiveness plz if this is the wrong place for this. I was told I’d probably be able to find what I need here.

I’ve made an automatic top off unit for an aquarium filter using a small water pump, an ice cube relay, 12v ac adapter, and a float switch.

I was told I might be able to make it smaller and also do one additional thing without having two setups wired together.

You may know how it works but I’ll say it anyway. The ato engages when the float drops switching on the relay sending power to the pump to fill the sump with fresh water from a reservoir until the float in the sump goes back up.

What I am trying to do is have another float in the reservoir that controls the entire ato system so when the water in the reservoir drops too low it cuts off the system from running so the pump doesn’t run dry.

Is there a way to use one relay/unit with two floats like this? I also want to find a way to keep it waterproof, would you think something like this junction box I attached a photo of would work?

Any and all help appreciated. Thanks

I think you’re going to nee 2 relays. One to operate your pump an another that shuts everything down when you’re low on water. That is, unless the second float switch can carry enough current to run the pump, then you can skip the second relay.

YellowDog:
I think you’re going to nee 2 relays. One to operate your pump an another that shuts everything down when you’re low on water. That is, unless the second float switch can carry enough current to run the pump, then you can skip the second relay.

Any suggestions for what type of relay I should use or should I stick with the ice cube relay?