Best laser printer for pcbs

Hi’ all

I hope I’m posting this in the correct section, if not then apologies.

Does anyone have advice for a newbie pub maker as regards to the best middle priced laser printer for pcb making.

Thanks, Malc

I’ve used a Samsung ML-1660 (apparently no longer available) for a long time for PCBs, and it worked well. I did notice some pinholing on traces but you should bear in mind that probably my etching methods could be a bit better, so that could be partly to blame. I just tinned my traces to make sure they were ok and sat back and enjoyed the ability to dramatically increase my level of PCB complexity that goes with the laser printer method. And for your knowledge I have mentioned a link which you can easily order.

https://Printer-scanner

I hope it help you.

I’m sorry, but the link you shared doesn’t work. I’m interested in this info either.

I have a Brother laser printer, but heard it uses a higher-temperature toner which can cause some problems.

As a result I picked up a Pantum (cheap - $30 on a black friday deal!) which has worked fine for transfer to PCB.

I’ve used several sources of paper for doing the transfers - one from ebay, and the other from Pulsar (pcbfx.com). They both work okay, maybe a slight edge to the ebay sheets.

But I do like using the thermal transfer foil Pulsar sells to help make the toner less porous once it is on the board, reducing pinholes, etc. (After you transfer the toner to the board, you run the board through the laminator with a sheet of the transfer foil, and the heat fuses the foil to the toner, but not the bare copper. I get very clean etches.

I work with Samsung ML-1660 . It has served me perfectly and am thinking of even adding another one due to too much orders. It has won the trust of my customers.