Can you help me with the simplest thing on the planet please

I’ve been looking for something extremely simple for a couple of years now and just can’t find it. I’m sure I can put something together myself with a few simple bits of kit from you guys. I don’t know what most of the stuff on your website is, but I’m sure you’ve got something there that will do this simple job.

I am devoted to the wild birds in my garden, and have several feeding stations. However during autumn and winter the starlings arrive and strip the feeders bare in minutes. I chase them away by screaming at them 50 times a day, and am likely to have a heart attack before long. I need a different way.

What I want to do - attach a simple LOUD buzzer to the feeding station(s) which I can activate via a remote control from my kitchen or bedroom whenever a starling arrives, to spook it away. The buzzer needs to be weatherproof, but I can enclose it in something, like an external junction box, if necessary. There’s no power near the feeders, so the buzzer needs to be battery powered.

I have a basic knowledge of electronics, and a soldering kit, and wire strippers, crimpers etc

Any advice very much appreciated.

Thanks very much.

I would look for a wireless doorbell on battery (e.g. on Amazon) . Multiple sounds to select and if not scaring them off, add an extra buzzer.

I’d just go with a wireless momentary switch. There are a bunch on Amazon & ebay, most of dodgy quality but the prices are right. A medium-sized sealed lead acid battery will probably keep the receiver powered for quite a long time. One of those electro-mechanical buzzers from an old smoke detector should get their attention. I’d get a receiver with a relay in case you want to add something stronger than a buzzer like a perch shaker or motorized flag waver.

Example, though not a particular recommendation:

https://www.amazon.com/eMylo-Wireless-M … B01A6VO79M

I hope the birds don’t become desensitized to your attempts too quickly.

Great. Both look like simple solutions. I’ll investigate.

Thanks very much for your time

carole_in_wales:
Great. Both look like simple solutions. I’ll investigate.

Thanks very much for your time

Hi, just wondering if you ended up building something. I have the same problem, but involving deer and my strawberry garden.