The 4-channel board I just bought (X004U1A|85) does successfully pass current through input #2 to output #2, but not through any other input to that output. I have confirmed continuity with an ohmmeter for multiple different wires separately carrying about 8 volts to inputs #1, #3 and #4 without output.
Please help a music lover enjoy the sonic benefit of superior power without a crash when the battery runs low. I believe this unit may be defective? Or do none of them switch as advertised?
That board has a common Ground - the two G pads are connected together. But the four ideal diodes are independent of each other. IN1 feeds only OUT1 etc.. To use it as a power “multiplexer”, you will need to connect the outputs to each other:
Make sure all your power source grounds (0V) are connected together
Connect one of the G pads to your common ground
Connect each individual power source positive (V+) to an individual IN pad
Connect the OUT pads together
Power your amplifier from the combined OUT plus common ground
Now I understand. My hope was that multiple power sources would be isolated from one another so that audio fidelity might be optimized, which a combined output could compromise.
I will solder it again, and report back.
Note: After listening to East/West by Bill Frisell and Opening by Tord Gustavsen Trio, I can confirm that this inexpensive mod is worthwhile.