Ideal Diode Breakout board for audiophile dc power switching?

A core belief among high end audio enthusiasts is that clean power for playback equipment is essential for realistic music reproduction at home. Sparkfun’s Ideal Diode Breakout board promises to instantly switch from an excellent-sounding battery power source to a backup as the voltage drops below a certain point with no disruption and minimal impact on quality.

The 4-channel board I just bought (X004U1A|85) does successfully pass current through input #2 to output #2, but not through any other input to that output. I have confirmed continuity with an ohmmeter for multiple different wires separately carrying about 8 volts to inputs #1, #3 and #4 without output.

Please help a music lover enjoy the sonic benefit of superior power without a crash when the battery runs low. I believe this unit may be defective? Or do none of them switch as advertised?

Hi @BradB ,

Welcome!

Please see this reply.

I hope this helps,
Paul

YES!

You answered my dilemma on the first day of my first post. THAT’S leadership!

Brad

Note: After listening to East/West by Bill Frisell and Opening by Tord Gustavsen Trio, I can confirm that this inexpensive mod is worthwhile.