EAGLE - Sparkfun Edge pcb questions

I’ve been having some trouble working with the apollo3 EAGLE files. A little background of what my problem entails.

Looking at your eagle files, I would like to remove some components to minimize the volume of the overall board. In addition, I wanted to look at other boards, for example Artemis Thing plus, to utilize the Artemis thing Plus module for connections instead of Sparkfun Thing Edge apollo3 form factor.

Here are some of the problems/misunderstandings:

1. First, the current files don’t agree with each other on components. There is incompatibility to libraries used. In Edge, you place an “ambiq” library where the files persist. I do not see this in Artemis thing plus. I believe the libraries have a resistor component that is incompatible.

2. Am I to start on a new board altogether and add both boards onto a different pcb (From my understanding, the correct term is a shield)? Or, am I to use the board edges of the CPU I would like to use (Artemis Thing Plus), and remap all the connections to the Edge components? I understand that technically I could do either solution, however, I am using EAGLE and I am not sure as to what common practice is?

I have looked at your artemis module tutorial but to me, it seems ambiguous as to how to actually start looking at components through EAGLE.

I hope

What are you trying to do? Are you wanting to get rid of a few components to make the board area smaller? Or are you wanting to use an Artemis module instead of the Edge Apollo3 board?