Error 255 on SEN15219

Hi All,

I am having trouble getting the SEN15219 to work properly. I am using all of the materials suggested on the websites hookup guide. A Sparkfun Board, M-M Qwicc Connector, and IC Hooks with PigTails. I have installed the latest library for this sensor from your website as well. I always receive Error 255 Unknown Error.

Any Help would be appreciated.

-Sean

Can you provide a screenshot of your Serial Output?

Hi Brandon,

Here is a picture of the Serial Monitor and the board configuration. I just noticed that the light (On SEN15219 board) flickered but could not get it to light up again.

-Sean

setup.jpg

Your setup looks good and error 255 is an unknown error which is not too helpful.

I wonder if there might be a continuity issue associated with the qwiic cable or the IC hooks. Happen to have a DMM? Make sure the Redboard USB connector is not getting power and simply probe behind each boards qwiic connector and see if you get a beep.

Hi John,

I just checked with a DMM and there is continuity between the Redboard and SEN15219 sensor.

dmm test.jpg

Hmmm. Have you tried using the i2c function of the Redboard with a different device? Is that working?

I currently don’t have any other devices to test the i2c function. However, I have ordered another SEN-15219 to see if that works.

The replacement sensor worked! I guess the previous one was defective.

Hey again, Kumars.

Awesome! I am glad to hear that the replacement sensor worked.

If you want to private message me with your order ID for the original defective part I can work on seeing what we can do about the faulty SEN-15219.

Cheers, glad to see you can move forward with your project.