ESP32-WROOM-32E on DataLogger IoT - 9DoF Wifi Connectivity Issue.

Hi there, I am working with the Datalogger IoT - 9dof (https://www.sparkfun.com/products/20594) I have been trying to connect the device to a Wi-Fi network and have had no success. I get the error “Unable to connect to a provided WIFI access point. Verify AP availability and credentials. WIFI Network failed to initialize.” The network I am trying to connect to has a 5ghz and a 2.4ghz band so I am not sure why the chip does not connect. I have checked passwords and system names as well. I have also gotten into the logs of the network to see if there were any devices getting denied with the same MAC address, but there are not any logs of the address showing up at all. I need the network to connect in order to adjust time settings and connect to Azure any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Try making a hotspot with your phone and see if that works as a wifi…if that works, my next guess is that it’s something with the username/PW that it doesn’t like

I was able to connect it to a hotspot, but I’ve tried many different times to get it to connect the main network and still can’t. I am thinking it’s because of the dual bands. I know it only runs 2.4ghz but it should be able to pick up that band of the network on its own. Also, when connected to the hotspot network there doesn’t seem to be an internet access as the date does not update to the current date. (I have updated the firmware to the newest 1.0.2 version)