I2C on Lumidrive?

Hello,

Thought I posted this the other day, but it never showed up…

Does the Lumidrive CircuitPython now have (or is it compatible with) any I2C libraries? There was a question about this on the product page, and the answer seemed to be “implement it for certain ports on the SAM processor and download the firmware to the board”, but that answer was given 3 years ago.

Then, if it’s still a bit of an implementation, I suppose it would be easier to dump the python and move instead to Arduino, but is it obvious that the Arduino on SAM port supports the standard I2C libraries?

Then, maybe a step back - does it make sense to use the processor on this board as the “brains” of a project and just connect up your peripherals, or would it be better to use a “dumber” driver and just hook it up with an Arduino/ESP etc?

Thanks!

Maybe one more question here - it isn’t obvious, at least to me, if one were to go through the configuration of the I2C port on the SAMD board, if then you could put CircuitPython back on and just use it, say by resetting the board to use the in-built CP or loading a new library or?

No love here? Happy Friday all!