IMU Razor - downloading data form SD card through usb port?

I am trying to build a waterproof tag that I can use to get data on the movement of some fish we are studying. The IMU razor with battery and SD card will be potted in plastic with access to the usb via a wet connection. I need to know if there is any way that I can download the data stored on the SD card through the usb port. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi maj8.

The firmware we ship on the Razor M0 doesn’t allow accessing the SD card over USB, but the hardware is probably capable of that. You’d need to write your own firmware to enable that functionality. It’s possible you’d need to modify the board and bootloader as well.

Unfortunately we can’t assist you in making those modifications.

Following up on the suggestion of modifying the firmware, I have been looking at the DUMP FILE librairies for Arduino and it may be possible to adapt this code and add it to the FIrmware, but I need to know the chipselect pin used for the SD card on the Sparkfun Razor. Can you help with this?

Hi maj8.

I believe you question can be answered by checking the schematic at the link below.

• https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/learn_t … ematic.pdf
  • Much appreciated.