Jetbot AI Kit v3.0 - OLED is not detected

Hello,

I purchased a Jetbot AI Kit v3.0 and a Jetson Nano a few weeks ago, but had a chance to assemble it this week. I had some issues with the pre-flashed image, for some reason it won’t boot. However, I was able to solve the boot issues by opting in to the manual installation. It went fine, I was able to make almost everything working, but I am having some issues with the micro OLED screen which came with the Jetbot AI Kit v3.0 box.

The assembly guide instructs to install the following package to access the Sparkfun Qwiic modules:

sudo pip3 install sparkfun-qwiic

This package seems to have a couple more dependencies

sudo pip3 install pyserial spidev

After these steps, I was able to run the following code

~$ python3
Python 3.6.9 (default, Mar 10 2023, 16:46:00)
[GCC 8.4.0] on linux
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import qwiic
>>> import pprint
>>> pprint.pprint(qwiic.list_devices())
[(93, 'Qwiic 4m Distance Sensor (ToF)', 'QwiicVL53L1X'),
 (93, 'Qwiic Serial Control Motor Driver', 'QwiicScmd'),
 (93, 'Qwiic PCA9685', 'QwiicPCA9685'),
 (93, 'Qwiic Button', 'QwiicButton'),
 (93, 'Qwiic PIR', 'QwiicPIR')]

I tested this code with the OLED screen connected directly to the qwiic pHat or daisy-chained with the motor driver. In all cases, I get the same result. As you can see, the output won’t show any OLED screens.

I also tested using the Micro OLED’s python package (https://github.com/sparkfun/Qwiic_Micro_OLED_Py):

~$ python3
Python 3.6.9 (default, Mar 10 2023, 16:46:00)
[GCC 8.4.0] on linux
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import qwiic_micro_oled
>>> oled = qwiic_micro_oled.QwiicMicroOled()
>>> oled.connected
Error connecting to Device: 3D, [Errno 121] Remote I/O error
False
>>>

What could be the problem here?

Thanks,

liaifat85:
Kindly check if there is a loose connection or short circuit.

Thanks for your response. I’ve checked against those kinds of issues, and tested a variety of combinations (e.g. reconnected the Micro OLED screen with different cables, daisy-chained to the motor driver, connected directly to qwiic pHat, changed ports on the pHat and similar others). Still having the same issue.