LDC1000 Click Sensor

Hello,

I’ve got the Micomod MikroBus with the STM32 programmed for the example given with the LDC1000 click board using the recommended NECTO IDE and a JTAG connector but I’m not sure how to read the output signal. I tried a UART serial board but there is no RX/TX signal from the click board. I see that it uses SPI communication, how do I print the values in NECTO? If i plug in a usb cable to the Micromod board it doesn’t recognize it as a port. Is there a driver that is needed? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Note: If users intend to use Click board™, with code that requires a serial data output, there are no serial pins broken out on the board besides the mikroBUS™ socket. Therefore, it is recommended that users also purchase the MIKROE Terminal Click, a 3.3V serial-to-UART adapter, jumper wires, and corresponding USB cable to access the serial data pins from the mikroBUS™ socket.

There are some more notes in this section https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/mi … e-assembly about how to use USB to program the device, though it is highly recommended to use NECTO + JTAG

Also try re-installing CH340 drivers and/or testing the power like so https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/mi … oting-tips and see if any of those get it goin

Hi,

I did purchase the STM32 Micromod, JTAG pin, programmed using the recommended NECTO Studio program, MIKROE Terminal Click, serial to UART adapter, and set up the boards exactly as suggested by the first link above. I was able to get the UART terminal to print values but it is not reading from the LDC1000 click board. The values that are being printed occur only when I touch the SDO pin on the MikroBus. If I remove the LDC1000 click board from the Terminal click board and press the SDO pin location, it prints the same values. Adding a conductive component near the sensor does not produce any signal at all.

The example code provided states that RX and TX pins need to be defined in the log.h file but it is unknown to me what pins those are supposed to be.

Is there any other documentation on how to use UART with this product?

Hello,

I was able to identify the pins I needed to define in the code for the RX/TX UART (PA3/PA2) signal and also verified using the debugging feature in NECTO Studios that the values being printed in the UART Terminal are the values being read and stored in the inductance and proximity variables. To me this means that the STM is receiving a signal but the signal is created by my hand not the coil sensor on the board. Placing a conductive material near the coil sensor does not produce any chance in inductance in the output signal.