Need a savior. STM32 Micromod COM Port issues on Windows 10

Hi All.

reference: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/mi … leshooting

I wonder if others are having the same issues. I am struggling to get a COM port to show up on my Win 10 laptop. I have followed the hookup instructions on 2 STM32 micromods and on different base boards (ATP, Micromod double). I have uninstalled and reinstalled different versions of STMCube. I’ve even tried on a different laptop. All to no avail. Here is what I know:

• once I use the buttons to get into boot mode, Win 10 device manager does see the board under Universal Serial Bus devices as “STM32 BOOTLOADER”

• According to the hookup guide, I should at this point have a selectable COM port. I do not.

I’m no usb expert. Could it be that it is not enumerating? If yes, is there a way to use CubeMX to properly configure it? If yes, please enlighten me with specifics.

Help!?!? Please and thank you.

Notes:

• I am new to STM32 world. Not new to micros.

• I’ve been using ESP32 micromod. Haven’t really had any issues with them…but I have to switch to STM32 per project requirements (unless you know how to FOTA with ESP32 micromod…then you would be getting a steak dinner)

• At least in early stages of this project, I am hoping to use Arduino IDE.

I’m using Linux, so I can’t help directly. However, I thought it was possible to use the Arduino IDE without installing STMCube. I thought the IDE downloads all the necessary libraries and toolchain, but maybe that’s also an Arduino-on-Linux thing.

In any case, is the problem that you are running code on the STM32 that uses a serial-over-USB connection, but that the laptop isn’t seeing a COM/serial port for communicating with it?