MCP9600 chaining

I’m looking to hook up 2 SparkX MCP9600s to my arduino mega, but ive hit a bit of a roadblock.

in the sparkfun (not sparkx) mcp9600 hardware hookup info it says that the address can be manually set by cutting a jumper and soldering a resistor in place. since the sparkx version has no such jumper (it can be cut but not re-soldered), how would i go about changing the address?

also, once the address is changed, is it really still necessary for me to get a multiplexer so that i can run both? i thought the whole point of the addresses was to communicate to multiple devices with the same qwiic I2C connection.

lets say the mux is necessary and i cant alter the addresses. is there a way for me to activate/deactivate each amplifier at a time to get each temp reading?

thanks in advance for your help!

Unfortunately it’s not going to be easy.

You will need to consult the [schematic and remove and replace R2 and R3 on the board with different values to change the address.

It would probably be easier for you to get the newer board that has jumpers.](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/d/0/8/1/7/Qwiic_MCP9600.sch.pdf)