ME6-NANO not reading User data as an Arduino shield

I have bought 2 ME6-NANO Arduino shields and have installed the spark fun Arduino library from Arduino library manager.

I am able read and write the EPC but am not able to read or write the user data from the RFID tag.

The tag has a operating frequency of 865 - 928 MHz ,with EPCGlobal Class1 Gen2 ISO 18000-6C as air interface protocol.

Its a Class 1 Generation 2 passive UHF RFID transponder tag.

Memory allocation is :EPC 496 bit; User 2048 bit

Do you use example5 and example5 sketches ?

Do you errors or what happens ?

yes ,Still no Luck .

I can write the tag but can not read it.

Can you read it when it has not been written?

In an extended version of the Sparkfun Library that I wrote, you can turn on debug to provide additional information that might help to find the root cause. you can find it on https://github.com/paulvha/ThingMagic/t … ib_special

Also I see the specifications of the tag, which tag (trademark / version etc) are they? Some tags can set a user bank as protected and first needs to be unlocked.

Device type

Class 1 Generation 2 passive UHF RFID transponder

Air interface protocol

EPCGlobal Class1 Gen2 ISO 18000-6C

Operational frequency

Global 865 – 928 MHz

IC type

Quanray Qstar-56GB™

Memory configuration

EPC 496 bit; User 2048 bit

So I get 3 Banks information 0 ,1 and 2

bank 0 = passwords, bank 1 = EPC, bank 2 = TID, so you can not read the user bank. Looking at the datasheet, I do not see anything the worries me from the tag.

I think that could be failing because the user bank is 2048 bits / 8 = 256 bytes. The msg buffer in the library is defined as 255 and maybe a check in the code is now just hitting a boundary check. You can not extend the size and the length is stored in the uint8_t variable, max is 0xff = 255 decimal

Try the library that I mentioned before, enable debug share what is happening. Also try to use example13, which is using a different call & approach for reading only part of the user region, setting an offset and maybe reading only 64 bytes for test

I get this error if I run Example 15 to read all banks

Arduino: 1.8.13 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Uno"

Example15_readallbanks:112:24: error: aggregate 'TMR_TagReadData trd' has incomplete type and cannot be defined

struct TMR_TagReadData trd; // structure to hold the data

^~~

C:\Users\MegaMind\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SparkFun_Simultaneous_RFID_Tag_Reader_Library_February2021\examples\Example15_readallbanks\Example15_readallbanks.ino: In function 'void loop()':

Example15_readallbanks:140:19: error: 'class RFID' has no member named 'getTemp'

int8_t t = nano.getTemp();

^~~~~~~

Example15_readallbanks:155:22: error: 'class RFID' has no member named 'ReadingAllBanks'

uint8_t ret = nano.ReadingAllBanks(&trd);

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Multiple libraries were found for "SparkFun_UHF_RFID_Reader.h"

Used: C:\Users\MegaMind\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SparkFun_Simultaneous_RFID_Tag_Reader_Library

Not used: C:\Users\MegaMind\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SparkFun_Simultaneous_RFID_Tag_Reader_Library_February2021

exit status 1

aggregate 'TMR_TagReadData trd' has incomplete type and cannot be defined

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Example15_readallbanks:112:24: error: aggregate ‘TMR_TagReadData trd’ has incomplete type and cannot be defined

struct TMR_TagReadData trd; // structure to hold the data

^~~

C:\Users\MegaMind\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SparkFun_Simultaneous_RFID_Tag_Reader_Library_February2021\examples\Example15_readallbanks\Example15_readallbanks.ino: In function ‘void loop()’:

Example15_readallbanks:140:19: error: ‘class RFID’ has no member named ‘getTemp’

int8_t t = nano.getTemp();

^~~~~~~

Example15_readallbanks:155:22: error: ‘class RFID’ has no member named ‘ReadingAllBanks’

uint8_t ret = nano.ReadingAllBanks(&trd);

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Multiple libraries were found for “SparkFun_UHF_RFID_Reader.h”

Used: C:\Users\MegaMind\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SparkFun_Simultaneous_RFID_Tag_Reader_Library

Not used: C:\Users\MegaMind\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SparkFun_Simultaneous_RFID_Tag_Reader_Library_February2021

exit status 1

aggregate ‘TMR_TagReadData trd’ has incomplete type and cannot be defined

This report would have more information with

“Show verbose output during compilation”

option enabled in File → Preferences.

[/code]

you need to uninstall the RFID library from Sparkfun and install my complete RFID library. Indeed getTemp() is NOT part of the Sparkfun RFID library.