measuring diesel fuel pressure

Anyone know if this sensor would be suitable for measuring diesel fuel pressure?

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/16476

What I’d like to do is put this sensor on a T just before my injection pump so that I can monitor fuel pressure at that point in the system.

You might want a sensor with a threaded fitting, it might be difficult to keep a hose attached to that sensor with it’s smooth fitting. Especially since diesel is slippery.

That’s a great point. Do you know of such a sensor? Can’t seem to find one here nor at Adafruit.

Not offhand. Digi-key or Mouser might have something.

So I’m going to attempt to use this to create a fuel pressure gauge. Anyone have any good ideas on how to embiggen that tiny little 2.5mm OD port up to something like 3/8"? I’m going to cobble something together from the local hose shop, but wanted to see if anyone had any good ideas. Thanks.

Eh, if you’re real gentle you may be able to use a die kit (like form harbor freight) to thread the outside, then you have a 2.5mm metric threaded sensor/rod you could thread something else/adapters onto

I don’t know if diesel will damage the sensor/o-ring used in the its apparatus or not over time…