Need Info on Which Products I Need

I’m planning to make a custom OBDII monitoring device using a redboard I have and buying the needed peripherals. I want to be able to take most if not all of the information available from my car (at least for the real time data like speed and boost and temps). I then plan to make a custom basic UI and have it output to RCA video so I can feed it to my factory nav screen.

This might be too much info but I wanted to make my plans clear from the get go. I already have a redboard on hand and I can make the AV output as well as power input, but I am not sure on what boards I need to buy to make this all connect to the car.

So far I know I need to buy the obd cable listed on the website but I’m not sure which board I need to match it and if there is even any software that would work for my application.

Thanks in advance

Ultimately it’ll largely depend on the brand/protocol in-use, but you’d get the mentioned cable + redboard and then this fella https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9555 - go through the “documents” tab there and peruse the hookup guide and OBDII guide, then you’d start programming the board(s) to your vehicle’s particular flavor of OBD