Openlog Artemis - Geophone Logger using ADS1015


Humm. Tricky. I don’t have time to go through your modified code in detail. But I’ll try and offer some suggestions that may help. (It is quite a while since I wrote that code!)

IIRC, I was using Apollo3 Core version 1.2.3 at the time. Some BIG changes took place when we moved to v2 of the core and started using Mbed. I had to make a bunch of changes to the standard OpenLog Artemis firmware when that moved to v2. But I never made the same changes to the geophone code. Right now, it may help to revert back to 1.2.3.

The code was written for the original Black SparkX version of the OLA. If you’re running on a Red OLA, make sure you change the hardware version definitions to match:


Be thorough. If you are completely replacing the ADS122C04 with the ADS1015, make sure you’ve searched right through the code and replaced all mentions of ADS122C04 (SFE_ADS122C04) with ADS1015.

You may be OK without a mux, provided you configure your three ADS1015’s with different addresses. It supports 0x48, 0x49, 0x4A and 0x4B. In autoDetect.ino testDevice, add those four addresses - replacing the ADS122C04 0x40, 0x41, 0x44 and 0x45.

Actually, you’ve got me intrigued now. New code would be a nice-to-have. Can I suggest you fork the geophone logger repo on GitHub and push your changes to your fork. Post a link here and I’ll take a quick look at your changes if I can spare the time.