Please help me with this Capacitor, SCR, low resistance coil problem !!

I want to discharge capacitor in micro seconds, In order to to that I used very low resistance coil but When capacitor is discharged,

SCR kinda blow up, meaning the positive & negative got connected together because of low resistance.

What can we place in negative terminal to make sure that positive & negative does not gets connected! ?

Since coil resistance is very low!

Like- Diode or something?

Remove the coil?

I want to have very fast rise time, which can only be achieved by very low resistance in order to discharge capacitor really fast!

aadish:
I want to have very fast rise time, which can only be achieved by very low resistance in order to discharge capacitor really fast!

The time constant for an inductor is t=L/R. You need to INCREASE resistance to get a faster rise time. This will also impact your capacitive side so you need to balance everything and make sure your voltage is high enough to get the response you want after setting the resistance.

-Bill

phalanx:
The time constant for an inductor is t=L/R. You need to INCREASE resistance to get a faster rise time. This will also impact your capacitive side so you need to balance everything and make sure your voltage is high enough to get the response you want after setting the resistance.

-Bill

Do you think that LTspice stimulation takes this & other calculations into account before showing results ??

I know few people who use 10kv with no added resistance in coil but still get less than 50uS.

They also use spark gap.

Total resistance is less than 100mOhm

Coil inductance around 20uH

How is that possible?

If we go with t=l/r

What does this formula lack? :-

V / L = dI/dt

Doesnt this one works?