Problems with M6E Nano and Universal Reader Assistant

I am using the Sparkfun simultaneous RFID reader along with the Universal Reader Assistant Software to test it out. I followed all the official SparkFun instructions very carefully for setting up the Reader with the software (Shown here: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/si … -assistant)

I set the antenna power below 5dbm since I am using the USB as a power supply. When i click Read it reads for a second or two then stops. The software hangs and won’t let me read again, meaning I have to disconnect and try again. The range during this read time is also very short, around 1 inch rather than the 30-60 cm as advertised, this could be because of the 5dBm power though. I am not using an external antenna currently.

Any help would really be appreciated. I would like to get this working.

it is the power. Which FTDI do you use ? For some of those, you can select 5V or 3v3 for the Nano. It should be 5V.

Try another PC with a different USB. The provided power is also depending on the USB-version.

Try a lower speed ( e.g. 38400 instead of 115200) although that was never a problem for me.