Quiic Adapter Pinout Does Not Match I2C Devices

I just bought a hundred bucks worth of Quiic cables, endpoints, a device and adapters. The adapters were intended for my already purchased non-Quiic devices. However, the pinouts for an OLED display, a Bosch barometric pressure sensor, a SparkFun load cell amplifier and the SparkFun Quiic Adapter are all different from each other and can’t be directly connected with header pins. Pictures are attached. I have three questions:

1 - Why isn’t the SparkFun Load Cell Amplifier board compatible with the SparkFun Quiic Adapter?

2 - What devices should I expect the Quiic Adapter to be compatible with?

3 - For my incompatible devices, do I just use wire and glue the adapter to the device?

Thanks.

Ignore my first question. I assumed that the load cell amplifier is an I2C device but its digital interface is something non-standard. That’s why the pinout doesn’t match. It’s not supposed to.

I don’t recall the date but at some point 3 to 4 years ago sparkfun standardized the pin order for it’s i2c enabled boards to make them qwiic compatible. Boards before that day can vary in pinout.

There is no official worldwide standard for pin order so your mileage may vary on non sparkfun Boards.

One thing that might work for your situation is if two pins line up between the qwiic adapter and board, install header pins there but leave a gap so you can reroute the pins that don’t line up with a short bit of wire. The pin headers will provide a solid mounting point for the adapter while the wire jumps correct the pinout.

Have a great weekend!