Qwiic Endpoints and joysticks

Hi, I am making a skid steer sand cart to move scuba equipment from the car to the beach. Qwiic joysticks were not robust enough, so I sacrificed two qwiic joystick modules and connected to the pot terminals of two gaming joysticks. I 3d printed a nice case and it works well, controlling two CIM motors with gearboxes in a “tank drive” configuration. But the longest qwiic cable you sell is 500mm and I needed a meter to be able to control it from the side of the rig. I got two qwiic endpoints and connected via a 6’ network cable. I got one of my qwiic joystick modules to respond through the endpoints but when I link to the second using a short qwiic cable, the signal does not pass to the second qwiic joystick module.

• I did not see a limit on the length of the network cable connection but kept is as short as possible. Are the endpoints only intended to power one qwiic module?

• I was trying to make it simple by using two qwiic joystick modules but I could use just one and wire the second gaming joystick to the second axis on the qwiic joystick module.

• It was really difficult getting access to the pins on the qwiic joystick circuit board. Is there a version of this that can be user assembled?

Thanks

Do the same thing as this viewtopic.php?f=79&t=61412&p=248554#p248554 (but swap joysticks in your case instead of NAU & BME boards)…but it’s likely the i2c pull-up resistance being too high

Disable them on one unit and try it alone, then repeat

Thanks. Should I cut the traces of the endpoints or the joystick? I am a little concerned if I mess this up, they are on backorder and I won’t be able to replace them.

The joystick boards