Qwiic Keyboard Explorer Pictures

Are there any final pictures for the ‘Qwiic Keyboard Explorer’?

It is a little confusing what the orientation (up or down) of the components are on the board.

Specifically, Diode, switch, etc.

Unfortunately, they don’t at this time. The silkscreen layer on the board has specific markings on the components that will help guide you. For example, the diodes has an asymmetrical appearance indicating polarity. Using a multimeter and the schematic, you should be able to deduce how the diode should fit. The switch can go on either direction. The button switches are all made to fit only one way. So just doing the diodes should be the most difficult step.

I brought up the PCB in Kicad. The diodes all face with the cathode (black band) pointing towards the bottom edge of the board. If you look at the silkscreen, the line at this end of the diode is thicker.

As KansasBot said, everything else should be obvious from the pads and the pictures, and the switch can go either way.

/mike

Do any of you know if it supports LEDs under the keys?

It doesn’t but you could add LEDs to the switches and hand wire them into an [I/O expander and control them that way.](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13601)

It looks like there are pads for the LEDs under the keycaps but they are not wired up to anything. You would need to either add the LEDs to the micro (though I can’t find the current firmware for it…) or an i2c LED driver connected to the QWIIC bus

/mike