REED SWITCH PRODUCT LISTING CONFUSION

Apologies if this isn’t the appropriate sub-forum for this but I didn’t see reed switches called out in the description of any sub.

The listings of the Littelfuse MISM-7 reed switches (for example, the COM-17497) each show 2 different items: the contacts are 90 degrees rotated, one product vs the other product.

Which one am I buying if I order this product?

Thanks.

These items are shipped via a 3rd party, so it is hard to say exactly what is going on. If I had to take a guess I would imagine that there is manufacturing tolerances on these parts, hence why the variations in the photo.

Hope this helps.

Please find the answer to my question. Or tell me the contact info for the “3rd party” so I can.

The photos are a bit misleading and make it look like there are specific types of the same part.

Looking at the [manufacturers data sheet, it doesn’t look like they specify which direction to contacts open and don’t have separate part numbers for 0 degrees or 90. It looks like they could be in any orientation depending on how the switch happened to go through the lead forming machine.

Reed switches like these don’t really care what direction the contacts open in, they react the same in any orientation whenever a magnetic field is present.](https://www.littelfuse.com/~/media/electronics/datasheets/reed_switches/littelfuse_reed_switches_mism-7_datasheet.pdf.pdf)