Rtc BOB-12708 troubles with ATtiny167

I have an ATtiny167, running at 5v, programmed with arduino and the sparkfun rtc library but the rtc and ATtiny do not seem to be communicating properly. Is the library not good for the ATtiny167?

Which RTC library is being used? https://github.com/sparkfun/SparkFun_DS … master.zip should be the correct one

That is the library I am using.

Is it possible that the ATtiny167 is bad? Could another library I have loaded cause issues with the rtc? The microcontroller is communicating with an i2c lcd just fine, would that rule out the microcontroller being bad?

If another I2C device is working but bob-12708 isn’t, it’s likely a code/library issue and your micro controller is at least able to work with I2C.

Sparkfun doesn’t carry anything with the attiny167 on it and never mentiones it in the rtc guide, are you sure the sparkfun library works with the attiny167? That could be your issue right there. Maybe try sparkfun’s example code and if that’s not working, I’d say the library probably needs re-written for your micro controller.

I had a subroutine called after the print time on lcd subroutine. And in the later subroutine I had a defined array, I moved the array to global and the time printed on the lcd, not just the : :.