SparkFun ESP32 WROOM USB-C qwiic power

Hello,

I am trying to understand how to kill power to the qwiic connectors, especially during deep sleep. Adjusting power to GPIO0 doesn’t seem to affect anything. In fact, I’ve tried turning off all GPIO pins and the qwiic system still receives power. Setting the board to deep sleep also does not kill power to the qwiic system.

The board I’ve selected in the Arduino IDE is: Sparkfun ESP32 Thing Plus C. It was the closest name I could find to the module. Another thing I noticed is that things like GPIO35/36/39 (as noted by the data sheet) return errors when attempting to send a write to shut down. So, it’s quite possible I have the wrong board selected, but I do not see a WROOM board in the list provided by URL.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you.

That is a valid board selection (you can also sometimes use ESP32 Dev module, but some pin #s won’t work)

Try using the test sketch here https://github.com/sparkfun/SparkFun_Th … ontrol.ino and see if it works normally?

After testing that script - it looks like this works successfully. So, I’m guessing something is wrong with my code then. :slight_smile:

Will review my code, but it is odd the qwiic power isn’t shut off from triggering deep sleep. I’ll review and post any updates.