SparkFun Pulse Oximeter and Heart Rate Sensor - MAX30101 & MAX32664 and Redboard Turbo compile error

I have been having a hard time finding a solution to my problem. I copied code from Sparkfun’s hookup guide and I cannot get it to compile. I will admit I am not the best coding but I didn’t think Sparkfun would post code that would cause a problem. Error message I am getting is;

C:\Users\Red\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_600700\sketch\Example1_config_BPM_Mode1.ino.cpp.o: In function `loop’:

C:\Users\Red\Documents\Arduino\Example1_config_BPM_Mode1/Example1_config_BPM_Mode1.ino:98: undefined reference to `Serial’

C:\Users\Red\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_600700\sketch\Example1_config_BPM_Mode1.ino.cpp.o: In function `setup’:

C:\Users\Red\Documents\Arduino\Example1_config_BPM_Mode1/Example1_config_BPM_Mode1.ino:80: undefined reference to `Serial’

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Using library SparkFun_Bio_Sensor_Hub_Library at version 1.0.5 in folder: C:\Users\Red\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SparkFun_Bio_Sensor_Hub_Library

Using library Wire at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Red\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\SparkFun\hardware\samd\1.7.5\libraries\Wire

exit status 1

Error compiling for board SparkFun RedBoard Turbo.

Is there away to debug the code? I tried pasting code into VS Code and use debug but not luck.

I used Example 1 code, get errors with the other examples also.

I don’t know where else to look to resolve my problem. I’m sure I’m over looking something simple.

Thanks, Doug

Try replacing Serial with SerialUSB in the sample code.

/mike

That did the trick!

Thanks, Doug

P.S. could you please explain why adding USB to Serial worked?

Thanks, Doug